Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I got a Exo terra 36"x18"x24" , can somebody suggest the best light fixture for a rainforest habitat with recomended strenght on fluorescent tubes, have looked at exo terras light fixtures, but is there something better ? i am planning for keeping a couple of darts and a lot of plants :)
hoping for answers and suggestions, sorry for my bad English :D

thanks.....

·
Registered
278 Posts
honestly DIY, I've found to be a great option.

particle wood for the fixture, and then some light sockets fixed to the inside. and then use the 23w CFL "daylight" (6500k) bulbs. SOmeone did a how to around here that I used to make one for my 40B Vert and it works great. cheap too, just need to put in the work, spray the outside a flat black and put reflective tape on the inside and BAM works like a charm and looks great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the answer, but im looking for a nice looking fixture and im sure DIY on this one is not going to be good looking if you now what i mean :D
i have a bunch of light starving plants and wanna have good light conditions for my moss and plants, searched the forum around and could not find anything negative or positive about the exo terra light fixture for this type terra (36"x18"x24")
im a bit lost here in this fixture jungle and hoping for recommendations on light fixtures, the price is no issue ..

pleas help me out here :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts