Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys--need help with an electrical problem from someone handier than I:

I have an AGA (Central Pet) double striplight where I use two T8 bulbs. About 1 1/2 years ago, I installed a new ballast and wired it so each lamp can operate independently (just in case one bulb blew). Worked fine until 3 days ago; now only one strip works (I know it is not the bulbs, as I switched them just to make sure).

Does this sound like:

a) A faulty connection / loose wire inside?
b) Faulty (dirty?) endcaps (the plastic contraptions that hold the bulb pins on each end)?
c) Something wrong with the ballast?

Thanks for any insight(s) on this one!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
There's no "one size fits all" answer for you. It could be any of these things. That's what makes electrical troubleshooting so much fun.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if both bulbs work in one of the side of the ballast. while it is unplugged i would work back words from the end cap to the ballast checking wire connections with a voltmeter checking for continuity. there is a setting for ohms on the meter if it reads 0.00 not OL the circuit is good. if the circuit is good the ballast might be shot. some times it just might be the tiny connection in the end cap. the if you have one of the versa top hoods i would go strait for the ballast the little ons tend to stop working sooner then the big sealed ones. hope this helps

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks--I shall give it a shot in the morning (Fingers Xed)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts