Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 100% new to this. I have been trying to learn everything I can, but I still have some questions. First of all, I have a 18x18x24 Exo terra that I bought about a week ago. I am not sure whether I am going to have a glass top cut for it, or just lay glass over the screens. But either way I am not sure how much ventilation I will need, and whether a fan should be used. The vivarium will be housing some D. Auratis eventually. Also, I bought a pump for a waterfall, but I will be using LECA and I'm not sure if I have to put in eggcrate to house the pump. I also don't understand how to put the pump in an easily accessible place, while keeping it hidden. The waterfall is really confusing to me, so I probably will just hold onto the pump for a different time. I also am confused about what to use for covering the background. I have seen gorilla glue or silicone+xylene or toulene. Are these all safe?

Any help would be appreciated. Just to clarify, here is my plan.

Use GS to create a light background that I can place a few plants in, but I would like to conserve as much space in the tank for the pdf's.

I am just going to use the kit that Josh's Frogs has for the substrate/LECA.

I bought the exoterra misting system, temp/hygrometer, compact light fixture.

I'm sure I will have more questions as this progressed the next week or two, but I appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
i personally use Tetrafoam black waterfall sealant because it isn't a nasty yellow color like great stuff... silicone and coco fiber is safe as long as the silicone is the aquarium safe kind

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Welcome to the forums! It's good that you are trying to learn all the info you can, because it's one of the most importent rules about keeping dart frogs, if not the most. I thought I would give you a little info about misting. The exo-terra and zoo med misting systems are not very good, so if it ever malfunctions or starts flooding the tank(which is fairly common) I would hand mist or spend the extra money to get a mistking system. I never understood how mistking systems work. Oh well, I'll figure it out if I ever get one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts