Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
using an exo terra 18 x 18 x 24 for the first time (usually use conversion kits for vert vivs). Quick question...do people mod it somehow for the vent strip on the inside right below the doors? Seems like flies will be able to get out from there. Are you supposed to glue some screen across this area?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
using an exo terra 18 x 18 x 24 for the first time (usually use conversion kits for vert vivs). Quick question...do people mod it somehow for the vent strip on the inside right below the doors? Seems like flies will be able to get out from there. Are you supposed to glue some screen across this area?
yeah what they do is pull the vent off and get some stainless mesh or you can get good fiberglass screen that is made to keep bugs out(in your case in). it has super small holes that the flies cant fit through they sell it at Lowes.
then they silicone or hot glue the mesh or screen onto the inside of the vent and put the vent back on the tank.
it seems super simple...

good luck

·
Registered
557 Posts
Or you can always can just get rid of it. I tape over them (outside) with strips of plain black electrical tape on all my vivs.
I blends perfectly --almost like they were never there.
It actually helps keep the humididty under control better anyway, in my opinion.:D
Cheers.
Todd
LightYourReptiles.com

click on pic to enlarge.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
if you can find it look for a product called no-see-em mesh!!! bean beetles and melano can get through screen pretty easily.... wish all my tanks had been installed with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts