Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My viv has been a hot box. the tempature is usually 83 degrees throw out the whole day and my plants started to die so i bought a comp. fan to cool things up and know the tempature is usually 70 and wouldnt rise alittle bit so know i dont know what to do. any ideas..

Thanks

G

·
Whats the ambient temp of your house?
I would double check the thermometer.
Are you saying the fan dropped the temp of your vivarium by 13 degrees?!
if thats the case (hard to imagine) you could try restricting the airflow of the fan (half cover the hole the fan blows through) or reduce the amount of volts the fan is hooked to (decreasing the speed).

-tad

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my house is about 77 degrees and my bromeliads leefs tip are a brown and my ivys are dead on the floor. my computer fan is strong it has 2600RPM and i have no way to some how adjust it so i can have it on at the same time as my light and keep the temp around 77 - 78. the tank gets really hot like i can feel the difference in temp when i stick my hand inside the viv. im dieing to fix this problems so i can get some frogs in it but i havent found a solution.

PS: i had the fan 3 inch abouve the vent.

Thanks

G

·
77 degrees should be fine, most my tanks around that temp during the day.
I keep the Apt at about 74.

I expect that when the lights turn off the vivarium drops down to something closer to room temp.

-Tad

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i know my room is about 77 but my light fixture get the tank to be 83 and it looks like my plants cant handle that condition so im trying to add a fan but it brings it down to low. i think i need a lower powered fan

G

·
I don't think its possible to bring the temp inside the vivarium down below room temp with a fan unless you have some sort of AC right nex to it...

I would seriously check your thermometer, make sure its working right.

-tad

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Correct, normally just to room temp, or a little above.

tad604 said:
I don't think its possible to bring the temp inside the vivarium down below room temp with a fan unless you have some sort of AC right nex to it...

I would seriously check your thermometer, make sure its working right.

-tad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts