Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two of the attached begonia that I propagated from leaf cuttings that came from the same plant. It's a gorgeous plant and seems to stay on the small size, which is perfect for my vivs. The largest leaves are about the size of a silver dollar, and the underside of the leaves are a deep burgundy color (see second photo).

Can someone help me identify it?

Thanks

Flower Leaf Plant Plant pathology water lily

Flower Flowering plant Plant Botany Leaf

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I have to admit that I have a lot to learn about plants. Before I started getting into vivs, I thought I had a black thumb. For some reason, I have had great luck with viv plants. This little begonia is perfect for my purposes. I tried some Eyelash begonia in several vivs, but they get huge, with leaves the size of my hand. I swore that I heard one say "Feed me Seymour". I pulled a couple of very large plants out of two vivs and sent them back to the vendor who sent me the first cutting. For some reason he was having trouble getting it to grow.

The main reason I was trying to ID the one in the photo was that I had planned to pass on some cuttings to other folks. So, I'll just call it "a great little begonia for the viv" and leave it at that.

Thanks for your input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts