Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up 2 adult azureus today. They were both kept in a 55 gal aquarium with 1 leuc and. The male is fat and looks healthy. The female is thin as a rail. I have never seen one so thin.

I hope to fatten her up and to do that I plan to put her alone in a 10 gal with paper towel substrate. Then feed her on mostly 1/8 crickets. I plan to have only a coco hut as furnishing so there's nowhere for the crickets and hydeii to hide.

Does this sound like a good plan, or is it flawed. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Azureus

Sounds ok for the most part. I have a 10 month old female azureus in a large critter keeper with a cave and a bromeliad pup with the whole paper towel system. I've had her in that system for a good 4 months now. She is the boldest frog I have. Whenever I clean the container, I'll even leave her in there and just pick up around her it's hilarious to see how bold she is. But you might want to add just a little more cover. She's really skinny so if she doesn't feel like she has enough cover she'll be stressed and it'll get worse. Some don't like my opinion, so you'll probably hear otherwise. I say go for it though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Keeping her isolated is a good idea, in a smaller hygenic set up such as paper towels is good for a couple reasons,1 you can more effectively monitor food intake,2 can collect fecal samples for a examination. I would extremely reccomend a fecal be done. This set up is ideal but only have the one frog in there.This ensures that she recieves all the food,and will not be stressed by anyone else. Keep humidity good and change towels as needed(Daily every other day.)You want to keep the environment free of fecal debris to counteract the possibility of prolonged exposure to disease factors. I hope this helps. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts