Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im glad to say I have finally become popular enough for youtube to start giving me a chance to make a few bucks back. I only ever made videos because I like sharing my projects with other enthusiasts, but its nice to see that everyone enjoys them enough to subscribe for more.

If you want to do me a huge solid, head to my channel page, then click on an advertisement or "like" any of my videos. Advertisement clicks do the most for me, but any views/likes count also. Any coin I make will only be put into my hobby :D

In return, the least I can do is give you a "like" and "thanks" here on the forums, and continue to make higher quality videos in the future. My next planting video will take a few months in the making, but will be worth the wait once put together.

Thanks everyone!

YouTube - ‪jgrimmier's Channel‬‏

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
I think I've liked every one of your videos already haha. Whenever you post a new video I'll be sure to like it and click on a few ads. I don't know if you're going to keep it personal or something, but how much do you make from this?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha thanks Mitch. Its pennys right now. I think every advertisement click is like 25 or 33 cents or something, and every 100 views is probably the same. Im up to a total of $0.98 in 2 days! WOOOOT! hahaha

Hopefully over time I can make enough to help pay for a better dslr with video or something. My cam right now isnt cutting it. Its not like Im gonna make a living out of this, but its cool to be popular enough especially in this type of hobby.

·
Registered
527 Posts
that's a LEGIT viv dude. can't wait to see it planted. fantastic work. you definitely need youtube sponsor dollars to pay for all those electronics!

subscribed, liked, and ad for pizza clicked.

-brett

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks btcope. Im surprised you havent seen the build yet on the forums lol.

Keep the clicks comming, I appreciate it! Just got 3 more subscribers from this thread also :D wicked!

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
I've been trying to figure out the whole AdSense thing myself. I've been a part of it for about a year and have made $51 now. I haven't really done any promotion of my vids and don't have many subscribers. I can only have ads on a couple of my videos, and as best as I can tell, it's only videos that have over 10,000 views. But you have ads on yours with a lot fewer views. Any guesses as to why?

I read on CNN that there are some folks who make over $1 million a year on this stuff. I don't anticipate being able to make that much, but it'd be nice to make $10-$20 a month, if not more.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I've been trying to figure out the whole AdSense thing myself. I've been a part of it for about a year and have made $51 now. I haven't really done any promotion of my vids and don't have many subscribers. I can only have ads on a couple of my videos, and as best as I can tell, it's only videos that have over 10,000 views. But you have ads on yours with a lot fewer views. Any guesses as to why?

I read on CNN that there are some folks who make over $1 million a year on this stuff. I don't anticipate being able to make that much, but it'd be nice to make $10-$20 a month, if not more.
Well for starters, Im pretty sure you can only make money on the videos that are 100% created by the user. This means that only a few of mine are eligible because I sometimes add music from other artists. Also, I think it has to do with how much popularity the video has. The more views and "likes" it gets in a short period of time once uploaded is the main factor. My last 3 vids have been given the opportunity to get add promotion, however only my last one has been without music from others. I almost have 500 subscribers now, so over the first few days the views grow quickly. It also helps to have build threads with over 23 thousand views, lots of followers, and posting on multiple forums :D

From now on Im going to try and create a simple looping track to play over my new videos so they are acceptable and can help me make a few bucks. For some reason though, it seems I have adds on my channel and on all my other videos right now...Even the ones with music.

Now that I know clicking adds helps the content creators, I'll be doing it much more often on videos I enjoy watching. It really does add up if people know about it, so get clicking!

Thanks guys! :)

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol yeah its tough to post videos that more people will eventually find. For some reason my very first crappy video has the most views of anything I have made so far. I have no clue why since all my newer stuff is 100x better.

Anyways, thanks to anyone who has helped me out. Keep the clicks comming, and dont forget to let me know here so I can give you da thumbs up! If they continue to come at this rate I would be very grateful!

Im already talking with a younger youtuber who makes music for fun. He doesnt have many subs or views yet, so hopefully we can both help eachother out. He said yes to editing one of his tracks to suit my needs better. It has a relaxing deadmau5 vibe to it! Sweetness

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
Unfortunately, the most popular videos tend to be the funny/dangerous/dumb ones on YouTube. The best I could muster close to that is talking about some venomous snake or wrestling a crocodilian before I spoke about it.

A lot of the how-to's seem to do really well. I just need to figure out the proper How-To's that will garner interest.

Or I could just be a herpetovoyeur, as one professor put it, and film mating herps. Animal sex always interests people, lol.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Haha im not going to change my style to get more views, but maybe spice up the titles of the videos a bit more. Use lots of exclamation marks and words that are searched more often.

Thanks everyone! Making this thread made a huge difference! I could actually make a good chunk of money if I could keep this up day to day. Nice to see people helping me out!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Enjoyed, Subscribed, Three adds clicked, and helped along the way. I'm building my first vivarium and trying to get ideas for my backround. I like how your build is turning out thus far.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guy! Man, if everyone who viewed my vids clicked an add I dont think I would need to work 40 hours a week anymore lol...Until then I'll still be nose to the grindstone...lol

·
Registered
167 Posts
Congrats Grimm on your youtube success! I've seen a couple of your vids before but just watched several more. Great stuff!

Subscribed, clicked on sponsor links, and liked several vids. Best of luck on your future youtube success!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have been watching your builds and am subscribed to the Peninsula. I am more than happy to help out with the youtube thing. It is very enjoyable to check out your progress on these things. Top notch stuff. :D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks again guys. I have another orchid that is about to bloom, so I might try another timelapse. I just wish it was better quality or that I could use my dslr to capture it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Im surprised I hadn't seen any of your videos before. Needless to say I'm subscribed. They are fantastic thanks for sharing. I clicked on several ads as well ;)

Reactions: GRIMM

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sweetness, just hit 500 subscribers today! Not bad concidering I was under 300 when I started the peninsula build :D Thanks everyone!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts