Dendroboard banner

What do think about their sex?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm new to frogs and I just obtained a (hopefully) pair of cobalt tincs.
I having a hard time while trying to sex them, I read hundreds of threads and watched hundreds of photos but I'm enterily unsure. Could you please help me out with this?

I read that females tend to fight each other, they are definitely not fighting, yesterday they slept together under the half pot.

Here are some pics:
frog #1 I think it's a male, but it also could be a skinnier female:

frog #2 I think it's a female:

frog #1 and #2 together:
(#1 on the top, #2 below)

(#1 on the left, #2 on the right)

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I am going to guess frog 1 is male and frog 2 is female.

Beautiful cobalts by the way! You may want to look into building a better drainage layer so the soil is not saturated and give them a good layer of leaf litter to stand on so the pieces don't stick to them and hide their beauty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you.
That was only a sort of temporary terrarium, I already rebuilt it

Based on my intentions and what I read so far and on your votes I think I have a pair.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I voted both female based on the toe size, shape and length. It hard to tell with the body shape with frog one because is very underweight. It's very difficult to be sure until you see courting. BTW the females generally won't fight unless there's a male present.

Best

·
Registered
952 Posts
How old are they? If they're of sexable (it's a word now) age, I vote female for #2 based on body shape. #1 has me stumped. Can we get a better profile pic of #1?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not sure about their age, I got them from a pet store. The only thing I know that thay are about 4cm long, frog #1 is a bit shorter.

I will try to feed them havily and see what will frog #1 turn into.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Good call on the heavy feeding. Pretty thin. If he doesn't put on weight like he should you might worm them both. Nice pair!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts