Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I need some help sexing my two powder blue frogs. These are my oldest frogs, aprox 1 year. I have other tinctorius morphs that are much younger and some have started calling, but these two have not.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The fist picture is frog A the other 2 are frog B, they both have very big toe pads, but frog B is fatter.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both have the high back arch and big toe pads, but frog A is a little thinner than frog B. My guess is they are both females. They seem to be the same size.

I also introduce a male cobalt I have to see any difference in behavior and I think I saw the fat one on top of frog A, frog A was in a submissive position. This could be a sign of female to female agression right?

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Galacs seem to be pretty difficult to visually sex. If you follow the link, the next blog talks about sexing frogs in general, and may help.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Never mind. Frog B started calling after that. I think both are males but Frog A did not call, so I removed it from the tank and put it with other tincs to observe how it behaves.

About galacts I have two yellow males, their toe pads are kind like tinctorius and they dont have a high back bone. I have never seen a female galact tho.

·
Registered
599 Posts
im pretty sure it's two males. i've seen plenty of male tincs with arches in their backs. the thing that gives it away is those huge, heart-shaped toe pads.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They both have huge toe pads...my first impression was that they are both male, but I never heard any calling till today that I introduce a proven cobalt male just to see what happened...Frog A still hasn't call nor, it seems pretty shy.

im pretty sure it's two males. i've seen plenty of male tincs with arches in their backs. the thing that gives it away is those huge, heart-shaped toe pads.

·
Registered
981 Posts
When I first added my azureus female to the established male's tank...the male jumped on her within seconds, held on for about a minute, called while on her back, then jumped off...later she courted him and things have been great with them.

looks like males to me though

1 - 15 of 15 Posts