Dendroboard banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
I would guess 2 males as well. Are these wild caught or captive bred? I have found my wild caught cobalt's have unusually larger toe pads than my captive bred.
Have you caught any calling?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would guess 2 males as well. Are these wild caught or captive bred? I have found my wild caught cobalt's have unusually larger toe pads than my captive bred.
Have you caught any calling?
They are wild caught, they were sold to me as a "sexed pair of wc suriname cobalts" But I have my doubts with those big heart shaped toe pads! I haven't witnessed any calling either, but then again I don't think they've had enough time to settle in, they've been in my possesion for a lil under 3 months now.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I believe that there is a website that has call of various pdfs. Sometimes, just hearing the call will set them off, either calling or wrestling.

I bet someone can tell us which website -

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My guess, 2 males based on the toepads. However, I am very bad at identifying so there's a grain of salt... How old are they?
Their age is unkown, but they're definately adults! In fact they're by far the biggest darts I've ever seen! I have a young adult breeding pair of azureus that are like half the size of these! :eek: lol...

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The one in the back is a pretty obvious male, but I could go either way on the one in the foreground. Can we get better shots of the toepads and a profile pic?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I agree with Tony. I have a pair of Reginas that the female has toepads that look like your frog in front.
Also, have you sent in fecals on these? From this pic, their sides look a little sunk in.
Your male has very nice color.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks like a pair to me.
Yeah in these last 2 pics you can see the difference in the toe pads. I'm leaning towards a pair again. :D

Anyways... I need to cut down a little, so I'm trying to move these guys... I'm trying to post the pair for $175 but I don't have 50 post yet. Hopefully someone will see them on here and contact me ??? lol, fingers crossed :D
I also have a trio of variabilis and a sexed pair of golden mantellas I'm trying to sell.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts