Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about buying another azureus this weekend, but I'm trying to find a potential mate for my first. Any opinions would be great :)

My azureus,

Male? (about 10 months old)

Azureus i'm considering purchasing.

Female?(~2.5 years old)

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm fairly new still (had frogs for a 15 months) but I think you should wait a couple more months before trying to sex yours and buy another. In that time, focus on fattening up your frog. I'm not sure if it is old enough or fat enough to breed. I am at the end of this stage with mine - I now feed melanogaster + hydei with the occasional flour beetles + larvae, termites, springtails, and dwarf white isopods. They have put on good weight and look much more mature now.

I would also think that the 'female' you are considering buying is too skinny to be a healthy 2.5 yr old female. If you look at some of the frogs belonging to more experienced froggers theirs are much larger.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts

I would also think that the 'female' you are considering buying is too skinny to be a healthy 2.5 yr old female. If you look at some of the frogs belonging to more experienced froggers theirs are much larger.
That's the first thing that came to my mind. That female is too thin. If it was me, I would not buy her but wait for another opportunity.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I know its tough to be patient! All my frogs (9 individuals of 3 diff species) are right on the cusp of breeding age and the suspense it killing me!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts