Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can those of you with reticulatus experience help me 'guesstimate' the sex of this frog by looks alone? I've had 2 retics for a few months...both came out of the water in Jan. One of them is pretty shy so photos aren't easy to get. The shy one is a smidge smaller in length as well as girth which leads me to believe the frog photo'd below is a female (1/2") . Any thoughts?

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. I've been guessing female as well due to the rather large size. She measures just a little over 1/2" (measured through glass). This particular specimen has taken an extreme liking to a couple of neoregelia peppers I planted along the back of the 10 gal vert. IT has been hanging around them for about a week now. The second specimen in the viv is a little smaller and more slender and extremely shy compared to the larger one. 2 small spots adorn the rear area of the orange-red which may or may not be retained into adulthood (I'm hoping so though). I'll let you all know the outcome.

Kyle, I'll be knocking on your door if I need to cross trade. ;)

-Bill J.

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Sure... I had one die on me though so now I am down to 4... Just not having good luck with them.

BillJohnson said:
Thanks for the input guys. I've been guessing female as well due to the rather large size. She measures just a little over 1/2" (measured through glass). This particular specimen has taken an extreme liking to a couple of neoregelia peppers I planted along the back of the 10 gal vert. IT has been hanging around them for about a week now. The second specimen in the viv is a little smaller and more slender and extremely shy compared to the larger one. 2 small spots adorn the rear area of the orange-red which may or may not be retained into adulthood (I'm hoping so though). I'll let you all know the outcome.

Kyle, I'll be knocking on your door if I need to cross trade. ;)

-Bill J.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts