Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a vivarium that I keep around 60-75 degrees w/ 70+ humidity . Use a small beam works light for my air plants. I don't have much experience with plants and have had no luck trying to find a vine plant with small leaves and low light requirements that I can use to grow in my background and wrap around my grapwood for decoration. Any suggestions I would appreciate it

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are a few suggestions:
Marcgravia rectiflora, Marcgravia umbellata, microgramma vaccinifolia
Thanks, are they're durable I forgot to mention this but my abronias enjoy wondering around there cage so they will be getting stepped on a bit?

·
Registered
A pair of Azureus, two Theloderma Bicolor, 4 Santa Isabels
45 Posts
Creeping fig (ficus pumila) is a vine that usually doesn't have trouble growing over anything. It's great for backgrounds.

·
Registered
69 Posts
rhaphidophora pachyphylla. Takes a while to establish but MUCH quicker than any marcgravia. Won’t take over your entire tank like ficus pumila does! In my vivs it shingles and vines in a wide variety of conditions from wet shade to dry bright light. Really neat little plant! (Also I wouldn’t get too attached to that grape wood, it tends to turn to mush in Viv conditions)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree that ficus pumila is a great background plant, but it absolutely has a tendency to take over quickly if you don't keep up with pruning it. It is pretty though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts