Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My room gets very cold at night, sometimes as low as 63F. I currently keep my tadpoles in a sterilite container with water and a heater that maintains the temperature at 73F. However, I am running out of room and need to find a better solution to house a lot of tads at one time while heating them as well.

The second problem is that I have only a limited space for them. Its 24 inches deep by 18 wide. Height is not an issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Something like a converted wine cooler or even a regular cooler that you've converted might work. I've done similar things for snake incubation.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have u tried a space heater I have my set up in the garage and that works great for me my temps sometimes gets as low as 32

·
Registered
55 Posts
The bathroom! Every time there's a temp drop here in MI my bathrooms like an incubator. Most bathrooms possess a heat vent and are relatively small. If you live alone or with someone who don't mind, keep them in the bathtub! Or I'm sure you can find a plastic drawer / rack system for pretty cheap. Close that bathroom door and they're good to go. Besides that, I agree with the space heater.

·
Banned
3 Posts
I agree with the space heater. I have a very large basement room that's slowly becoming a frogroom. One $30 space heater heats the entire room. Sometimes it gets too toasty depending on outside temps.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
The bathroom...as mentioned...I used to have my crickets, dubias, and other such in the bathroom in big Rubbermaid tubs--so appearance and smell was minimal.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I've used a Zilla Temp controller and plugged in a clamp lamp with a 100 watt bulb with success, I kept the tad containers in a closet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts