Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to place my first plant order for my very first viv. I want a couple of really showy broms. I do not need to worry about functionality, they just need to look really sexy since the tank will house mourning geckos.

If you had a small tank and could only fit a couple of broms, and it was all about looks, what would you pick?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
N. little faith, n.shamrock, n.flirtation, n.domino, n.wee willy, some of the hannibal lector crosses are really neat also and stay small. There are a lot of smaller broms out there. I will try and post some pics like Antone did a little later on. My all time favorite has to be blueberry pie, hands down.
Jason

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Not sure about what broms...but if you have any questions about the mourning geckos let me know. I kept them for a few years, they are so fun to have. I got literally dozens of offspring from my group of 5, one time I started counting eggs on a cork tube in their tank and quit counting at 30 eggs. Good luck with them!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mr field and stream,
I am very excited about mourning geckos, they are such an amazing feat of biology. They will be an office pet of my boss and I!! I am hoping to get them in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Mr field and stream,
I am very excited about mourning geckos, they are such an amazing feat of biology. They will be an office pet of my boss and I!! I am hoping to get them in the next couple of weeks.
They really are awesome. Some people think they are boring because they aren't brightly colored or anything, but their behavior more than makes up for their "drabness." I actually like how they look:) They will do great on CGD, that's the bulk of what I fed them, though I did give each one about 4-6 crickets a week. One of the coolest things about them (excluding the parthenogenesis) is their territorial disputes. They head-bob and clack their calcium sacs together, its really cool to watch. They didn't seem to eat the young that much, but it was hard to tell because there were always so many babies running around the tank. I gave a few to a couple of DB members and sold the rest of the group to another member, I'm guessing they are overrun with babies by now. Good luck with them and be prepared for lots of tiny cute babies!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.