Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought 2 Patricia tincs at a show from who i believe to be reputable breeders. The one is doing great, eats like crazy, very active and bold. The other is not doing so well. It seems lathargic, barely eats, hides alot, and appears to be losing weight. Any advice to get him to perk up would be greatly appreciated.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes. It was from black jungle. A friend reffered me here and gave me a address for black jungle i just e-mailed them.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
What do you have them in? I would sperate the one, and make sure it has palces to hide. A small critter keeper, with 3 of the sides covered.

spliff said:
I just bought 2 Patricia tincs at a show from who i believe to be reputable breeders. The one is doing great, eats like crazy, very active and bold. The other is not doing so well. It seems lathargic, barely eats, hides alot, and appears to be losing weight. Any advice to get him to perk up would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought two azureus from black jungle about a year and a half ago from a show in New Hampshire and started out with the same problems. I later came to the conclusion that it was because of stress with being at the show and then bringing them home. just call them up and let them know what’s going on, when ever I have a problem with anything I usually call them up and ask them what I should do. My frog was fine within a week or so. Also if this is indeed the case give them plenty of plants to chill out in so they can relax.
Hope this helps,
ADAM

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
If he is lethargic and losing weight, I would get a fecal done. Yes, Black Jungle is a reputable dealer. But even reputable dealers can have parasites. Seperate the frogs and get that fecal done.

·
Administrator
8,764 Posts
Actually - I thought you bought from Andrew Attea. He was selling full grown sexed pairs of Patricias at the show. Tincs aren't my thing or I had definitely bought a pair.

s

spliff said:
yes. It was from black jungle. A friend reffered me here and gave me a address for black jungle i just e-mailed them.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Definitely get in touch with Black Jungle and inform them of the condition of the frog. They are a great vendor to deal with and have always gone out of their way for me. I had a similar case with an orange galac from them and sadly it died but them compensated me for it.

rjm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I' ve had them both seperated since i got them. They r in small like 3 gallon aquariums with huts and philodendron clipings. I have a bigger setup with water features and lots of plants waiting for them when im sure they r doing ok. I'm going to call Black Jungle today. Thanx for the input guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My advice would be to feed the lethargic frog in extreme moderation. It's highly possible that the food source is the fear factor here. A few flies at a time rather than a whole bunch at once is best for these guys when at a young age. Best of luck and keep us updated.

-Bill J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just talked to someone at blackjungle and he said basically im doing all I can. He did suggest putting him in a slightly bigger container as to small a container can be stressfull. I'll give it a try and hope for the best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts