Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
A few months ago I put a mango pit into my Viv, now it has grown all the way to the top of my 24inch tall exo. I also added some avacado pits and they are about to sprout. I think that given the lack of soil volume the plants won't outgrow the tank. And, if they do start to out grow just cut them at the base and start fresh. So far, I like the mango tree and will be trying it in other vivs as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just planted a Sansevieria trifasciata in my 18x18x36 exo that I have a mossy leaf tail gecko in, you could probably add that to your tank. I ordered mine from NEherp

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
There are some large varieties of Spathiphyllum wallisii as well as Anthurium andraeanum/scherzerianum, both of which should be easy to find.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A few months ago I put a mango pit into my Viv, now it has grown all the way to the top of my 24inch tall exo. I also added some avacado pits and they are about to sprout. I think that given the lack of soil volume the plants won't outgrow the tank. And, if they do start to out grow just cut them at the base and start fresh. So far, I like the mango tree and will be trying it in other vivs as well.

That is one of the more interesting ideas I’ve heard. Will you transition them out as they get too tall?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Calathea Lancifolia - Nice big leaves, grows ~ 30" tall

Aechmea fasciata - large bromeliad, maybe 20" tall or so

Zamioculcas zamiifolia - grows close to 36", sturdy plan with smaller leaves

·
Registered
Plants.
595 Posts
Alocasia sp, Colocasia sp both get big and tall. My Alocasia definitely outgrew my 36x18x36 though. I also have a Ficus benjamina in there that is a nice tall plant/tree and looks good (except when I hack it wayyyy back, then it looks like garbage for a few months :) ). Most Bilbergia species are very tall broms and look great in a tall tank too, I have several in my exo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts