Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people I have questions and need advice as well. I'm converting a 40 gallon breeder into a vertical tank. I am doing this for cresteds and will plant it accordingly. I've researched for plants that hold up well with heavier animals and if you can suggest any I would appreciate it. I also saw a special gecko viv kit on neherp and wanted to know if its worth buying the kit or making the substrate myself and getting plants at a reptile show or at a nursery? Also for people with magnet experience I want to make my background with GS/silicone but on styrofoam and attach that with a few magnets to the glass itself. My question is what type of magnets would work? I think it will make it easier to take apart and clean or maybe I'm just over thinking it. Any advice you can throw my way will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Neodynium magnets from the hardware store. thats what i use to keep my vert doors shut. works great.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I second neodynium magnets. Very very strong...in fact you have to be really careful when you put them on, otherwise they will slam into the glass and possibly break it if you're not prepared for the pull they have. What I would suggest for the magnets that will be outside the tank (if you're going through the glass, not sure you are) is to cut some felt and stick it onto the magnet, that way you can slide it along the glass without having to worry about scratches, and that will also solve the problem of it being slammed into the glass because you can just slide it instead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts