Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am Gary from England 59 years old retired. I would like to keep dart frogs so thought I would join to read the information on here and get some help and advice before I get started. Only thing I know at the moment I would like to get the Exo Terra 18 x 18 x 24. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
2,683 Posts
Welcome, Gary!

Here's my advice: research frog species in depth first, then build the viv. By the time you learn about all the frogs, you'll know what their enclosure should be like. :)

Reactions: jmm.ok

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thank you. The main importance to me is the frogs well being. I see that there are many members on here from the USA ( Obviously ) in my very early years I lived in New Providence New Jersey and went to High School for about 3 happy years. Great country.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome from a brummie
Exo Terras have come down a bit in price lately even in the garden centers. Look on the second hand apps like Facebook Market place, schpok and preloved (who sell live amimals too) I picked up a 45x45x60 and a 30x30x45 exo terra for 40 pounds for the pair a few months ago. The needed cleaning but i found wire wool to be great for stubborn marks (no it doesnt sctratch the glass. Ive just set up the larger exo as my first dart frog tank. Good luck with whatever you decide on. I am liking the look of azzies. (dendrobates tinctorius "azureus") - Phill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks Phill. Good luck with yours. I found out through a friend today that I have a respected reptile shop 10 minutes drive from me. Went this afternnoon and ordered my Exo Terra 18 x 18 24 Now for the hard bit getting the other bits. After reading for a few hours on here today MistKing seems very popular Just need help and advice on the other bits. I think I know which frogs I would like In the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts