Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm Bre and wanted to reintroduce myself to yinz. I was into frogs a few years ago and am just now getting BACK in to them. I currently have three dumpy frogs, 2 red eyes, 1 peacock (am looking for more of these) and two green tree frogs. I'm looking for frogs who call more often than my guys...they are all quiet and I don't hear them very often :( Any suggestions will be greatly appreicated.
I'm also looking for salamandars too...lol
Bre

·
Registered
446 Posts
Welcome back... if your talking about darts look at leucomelas. Great call. Beautiful frog. Good frog for a first dart.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking for something a bit bigger. I have 0 luck with ff cultures. As long as it can eat crickets....I'm good. Most leucs are sold as frogletts and I have no luck with them because of the ff issue...lol
I mostly have tree frogs, all big enough to eat crickets. But thanks for the suggestion.
Bre

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
My mossies (Theloderma corticale) called all the time, even during the middle of the day every now and then. Their call kind of sounds like an old cars suspension...or the matress at a cheap motel:). If you are looking for something smaller check out Dendropsophus marmoratus. Mine used to call like clockwork every night right before lights out...and continued to call for quite a while. Their call is not too loud and does not become annoying like some tfs. My Phylomedusa tomopterna rarely called and when he did it wasn't the prettiest call I have ever heard. This isn't a treefrog, but my Leptodactylus pentadactylus had the coolest call ever...kind of like a squeaky wheel but in the best way possible.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you dont want to culture FF's and want a loud calling tree frog i would get a Amazon milky tree frog, there the best lookin tree frog ive ever seen, eat crickets, and are the loudest calling tree frog in the amazon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts