Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at how to heat my outdoor frog room, a wooden shed fairly well insulated, in the winter here it gets down into the 30, but up to the 70's in the day. I need something safe that will shutoff when it hits 75-76 in the room, anybody have any ideas? I was thinking about getting an aircondtioner that has a heater built into it.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
You dont realy need anything too big of a deal, because its not steady low temps here, realy just snaps of cool temps. So look for the best you can get cause i dont think it will have to run too too much, so energy shouldnt kill ya. Also cooling is an issue.

Once you find out what all it will take contact me, we have a shed that would be perfect, just never came around to it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had it setup for a few months, I have used a 5000 btu window air conditioner and it stays 75-76 even when it is 95 degrees outside. I dont really care about the cost too much, even though it will probably cut into my intermedius money quite a bit, I just want to find the safest way to heat it evenly, it will have to be able to cut off by itself when it hits a certain temperature.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
We have looked at heater/ac combos like you are. We found the best solution were the units designed for hotel/motel rooms. They have some that are similar with electronic thermostats build in - might try looking for one of those.

Melis

geckguy said:
I have had it setup for a few months, I have used a 5000 btu window air conditioner and it stays 75-76 even when it is 95 degrees outside. I dont really care about the cost too much, even though it will probably cut into my intermedius money quite a bit, I just want to find the safest way to heat it evenly, it will have to be able to cut off by itself when it hits a certain temperature.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.