Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd pass this on to those on the board. I'm not sure if these are available nationwide or not... but here in NW Ohio, the store, "Big Lots" has the "Kaz PersonalMist Ultrasonic Humidifier" on sale at the moment for $12.99. I bought two of them, one as a backup for the viv I'm setting up right now and the other to put into use for this viv. All of the rest of the humidifiers I've priced lately are in the $30 or over price range, so maybe this might be a help to some of you. (I don't work for Big Lots, I promise!)

A link to the same product, just so you can tell which it is, is here,
http://www.kissitmakeitbetter.com/item/B0000XOG5W/

The package says, "Up to 12 hours operation per filling" "Removable water tank" "2 gallon per day output" "Soothing visible mist" "1/2 gallon capacity"

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry... I should have mentioned that also. On the box, it does say "Cool mist relief from dry air". (I thought all ultrasonic humidifiers were "cool mist"... but just to clarify, yes.. it's cool mist.) 8)

·
Registered
228 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, that is the small humidifier that holds a little over half gallon of water. It does ok to fog a couple of smaller size tanks ( say a couple of 10 gal. tanks ). However if you have a large tank or want to do multiple tanks, the large unit that holds 1.5 gals would suit your needs better.

Cindy Dicken
Vivarium Concepts
http://www.vivariumconcepts.com

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pick up a bunch and sell them in classifieds for a small markup! If you adapted them for tank use, you could even ask more.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Thanks for the info, I just bought one of these. It seems to work great. I should have it plumbed in by tomorrow, so I will let you know how it does. It has a pretty good output so far.

Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did the kazes go. I have one and Big Lots still has a bunch left so if it seemed to work for u i might get some more. How much effort did it take to plumb them? Also what about the capacity 1/2 gal seems really small thats less than 12 hours!

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Hey, the kaze works good. It plumbed extremely easy, I just slipped a 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe right into it and went from there. The capacity is low, but I am going to drill a hole in the water container for easy filling, plus I will only run it for maybe an hour or two each day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts