Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure that some people here have moved with their collection. Hopefully I will be moving soon into my very own condo. What's the best way to make sure everyone makes it there healthy and in one piece?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
How many tanks, and what size maybe helpful. I have move a couple of my tanks from room to room or to a different floor with the frogs in the tank. I would not say that would be the best for moving though. Unless it is not far and not HUGE tanks.

You could remove the frogs to seperate containers, and palce the cotnainers in a cooler. Then move the tanks.

I'm sure someone will offer some more info who has actually had to move more than from room to room. :)

Arklier said:
I'm sure that some people here have moved with their collection. Hopefully I will be moving soon into my very own condo. What's the best way to make sure everyone makes it there healthy and in one piece?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just moved about an hour or so north of my previous home in May. I just moved the frogs inside the tanks. They all survived fine, except some plants got knocked off the background and such. They all made the move in the back of a pick-up truck with other furniture. I made sure the tanks were padded with towels and such, also I made sure there was no sunlight hitting the tanks, if there was a chance of that, I covered them with a towel or shirt or something. I also used masking tape and taped up any moveable parts, such as lids and doors. I moved a 30 gallon vertical with no problems. Hope this helps.

-Ben

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Not sure I would risk that, unless it is very close, they could quickly get too hot.

benmz said:
I just moved about an hour or so north of my previous home in May. I just moved the frogs inside the tanks. They all survived fine, except some plants got knocked off the background and such. They all made the move in the back of a pick-up truck with other furniture. I made sure the tanks were padded with towels and such, also I made sure there was no sunlight hitting the tanks, if there was a chance of that, I covered them with a towel or shirt or something. I also used masking tape and taped up any moveable parts, such as lids and doors. I moved a 30 gallon vertical with no problems. Hope this helps.

-Ben

·
Registered
370 Posts
I moved my collection from NC to FL last August, with a two day stop over in GA. Really the move was more like, GA to NC, back to GA, then to FL. Point is every thing made it just fine. I moved the 135 gallon tank setup. I built a 2X4 frame for it to sit on and loaded it into the back of a pick-up truk, put the hood on it and then tarped it with a reflective tarp. All the plants did just fine. I put all the frogs in deli cups with a layer of sphagnum at the bottom, fed them heavy before the move and packed them all in a large tupper ware. We also made sure that at no point the frogs were in direct sun and they were always in a vehicle with AC. I had no problems. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts