Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a few heated discussions about albino frogs and the ethics involved in propgating them, so i thought this was interesting.

I just received my copyof the new Reptiles Magazine, March 2005 issue. On page 18 I noticed a picture of a Leuc that seemed a bit odd. The comments with the picture state that the black that is normally seen on the Leucs has been replaced with a prurple/brown.

The image is from Vanishing Jewels. Is this the first sign that soon we'll have designer dart frogs?

G

·
I was over at Patricia's house about a year ago and she had a whole bin full of these leucs and said she and her partner were trying to decide how to market them. I never could get her to sell me one, though. They are very cool looking frogs. They look like some sort of T+ albino, or something.

Neal

G

·
I hope not. These animals i hate to say it but in the future (near or far)may only exsist in small numbers and many in our homes and in aquariums. I feel like these animals shouldn't be messed with just to make a buck. There is no need they are already beautiful.

G

·
Arent these the ones that were being talked about in a discussion a while back? They are on their website as green legged, or something along those lines. I remember someone saying they were going to debut in the breeders choice column of reptiles sometime in 2005.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts