Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonite I was removing excess water from Zigs' viv and I realized how much happier he seems in the planted viv - less jumpy and he seems to explore much more. I took photos, although he hid from the camera which was funny.
I thought I'd share.

The viv is a 12x12x18 exo terra that i designed with clumsy gargoyle geckos in mind as opposed to aesthetics - attempting to give them an easy way to climb up - the wood zigzags up from the bottom to the top but its behind the broms. However, I did not realized at the time that if you give a gargoyle great stuff to climb he doesn't need the wood. He spent the first two weeks hanging upside down on the walls - he'd never been able to do that in his small kritter keeper before. Now he uses all the space - and he loves broms and matching the stripes on the wandering jew.

He will outgrow this tank in a while and I will use it as a grow out tank for other rhacs.

Excuse my wretched photography - I decided we needed an xbox more than a DSLR this xmas:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I like it a lot :)
He looks great :D

I hope to get me a harlequin crested gecko one day :rolleyes:
I am thinking about dropping PDFs and getting back into geckos and the lower end frogs, Idk just yet. Gonna be a while before anything happens haha.

The pics looks fine lol

I miss my golden gecko Charlie :/

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rhacs are fabulous in terms of handling, compared to many geckos. I love them!! I like goldens but I'm thinking for "look but don't touch" animals we are going froggie (mantella)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Great tank nothing special but looks killer and serves its purpose just the same... Gotta love the simple but amazing tank designs. I agree that Rhacs are great to handle, but man do I miss my Dalmatian Cresteds.

The pictures look great and so the Xbox was a great Christmas present we all need a way to burn off some steam.

Again great job on the tank looking forward to see what you do with his larger tank when he out grows this one.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Rhacs are fabulous in terms of handling, compared to many geckos. I love them!! I like goldens but I'm thinking for "look but don't touch" animals we are going froggie (mantella)
cool. That's why I want a harlequin crested.
Charlie did not like to be held and he would bite you haha.
My anoles were pretty docile.(not a gecko tho lol)
What other types of geckos are docile?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I've had mixed results with almost every gecko species but the one that you should DEF stay away from are the Tokays haha EVERYONE I've ever had was mean. I've had Velvet geckos, flying geckos, many different Day Gecko species, White-lined, Cresteds, Panther and Leopard and sometimes they are territorial and will bite in their tank and other times they are the nicest lizards on the planet.

So this being said I think any species (except Tokays) has the potential to be a nice docile lizard its just up to the owner and the individual lizard. The sooner you start holding them as babies and if you continue to hold them will make them trust and be friendly towards you.

In my opinion Leopard geckos are the friendliest I had one for 12 years and he would sit on my shoulder for hours on end but sadly he passed away a year ago.

Sorry I ranted but hope this helps

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I've had mixed results with almost every gecko species but the one that you should DEF stay away from are the Tokays haha EVERYONE I've ever had was mean. I've had Velvet geckos, flying geckos, many different Day Gecko species, White-lined, Cresteds, Panther and Leopard and sometimes they are territorial and will bite in their tank and other times they are the nicest lizards on the planet.

So this being said I think any species (except Tokays) has the potential to be a nice docile lizard its just up to the owner and the individual lizard. The sooner you start holding them as babies and if you continue to hold them will make them trust and be friendly towards you.

In my opinion Leopard geckos are the friendliest I had one for 12 years and he would sit on my shoulder for hours on end but sadly he passed away a year ago.

Sorry I ranted but hope this helps
I love my leopard gecko, I agree they are one of the friendliest geckos out there. I've had mine for about 14 years now and he is still kickin' and doing amazing :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts