Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, i got 3 luecomelas about a month ago from joshs frogs. There about 3 months out of the water. Their doing awesome(will try and get pics later) and the tank is full of spring tails, the temp. stays between 70-75 and the humidity stays at 70(the humidity gauge is at the top of the tank if that matters). ALl the plants are growing. When i come home, the frogs are hiding most of the time. But then i mist the tank and they all come out and its so fun to watch them climb and be really active for about a hour or so. Give or take 30 min. Do they like being misted, or is the humidity not high enough, or does the water make hiding fruit flies run and this attracts the frogs?

Thanks
-Ben

·
Registered
16 Posts
My azureus does the same thing. not really sure why. I'd like to hear an answer for this as well.

I will say that when I first got him, however, I had the tendency to over mist and he was not as active. When I reached a balance between mistings, he became much more active throughout the day.

Now, (when I mist) he comes out and wanders around for a while; he stays active and visible most of the day, but he seems to enjoy himself after a misting the most.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
As far as frog brains are concerned, misting/rain = sex = happy. Soooo, yeah lol

Also, a lot of people feed/mist concurrently, so the frogs will become more active whenever you mist as they expect food.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think the sex=happy part would be true for most species!

Never really thought about it that way, though. And you're right, I do usually mist, then feed shortly after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts