Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My yellowback tincs are constantly laying clutches of about 8-10 eggs. The first two clutches were bad, and third one are tadpoles that I now have in individual yogurt cups. The fourth clutch (10 eggs) I left under the hut for about a week to see if the parents would stop. But the other day, I came to find that they laid another clutch on a brom leaf (8 eggs).
Is there any way of getting them to stop laying eggs without having to separate them?

·
Registered
561 Posts
You can try decreasing the humidity (that works for my cobalts) or just leave them in there, let them hatch and if there is no place to deposit them the tads will just die. That is kinda harsh but will work.

If you just do not want to deal with the tads, you could just give the eggs away if there are other froggers local to you. I know people ship newt eggs all the time, but not sure shipping would work for frog eggs.
Ed

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, ed.
I'm going to decrease the amount of misting to keep the humidity levels down. I personally wouldnt want to kill off any tads. If they choose to keep at it, maybe I can just trade tadpoles with some local froggers. (as you've suggested).

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
If you can't get them to stop laying, just hatch the eggs raise the tads for a few weeks and sell them here on Dendroboard. They are easy to ship, get a fish cooler, and fish bags, and place one tad in each bag. Ship with a heat/cool pack depending on weather using USPS. I sold about 100 tads about a year ago, and I only had one fatality during shipping.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Tadpoles

Eric,

I would be willing to trade some Leuc tads or froglets for them. I am local so I can meet you if your interested.

Thanks,
Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts