Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Go for it:D Make sure thats what you want and you all the materials you need. IMO, i have a water feature myself and i dont use it anymore because the water will eventually get dirty and you would have to clean it every week or so.Idk sometimes i have it on. Yea it looks cool, but PDFs dont need it. Search this forum and look at other members designs to give you ideas.

·
Registered
432 Posts
what type of backing are you doing and think you should do it. maybe add some ghost wood on the backing

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Nice drawing/ plans. I would suggest more texture/ spaces in the background... like ledges or driftwood pieces with mounted and vining plants filling up space. Also, make sure the water feature doesn't take up much floor space. I personally don't use them for the most part, the frogs don't need them, but they can work. What might be a good idea is to make more of a "drip wall" than actual fast-flowing waterfall, because it will keep part of the background moist for water loving plants, but won't need an actual pool to collect in at the bottom- saving floor space.
Good luck,
Bryan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Nice drawing/ plans. I would suggest more texture/ spaces in the background... like ledges or driftwood pieces with mounted and vining plants filling up space. Also, make sure the water feature doesn't take up much floor space. I personally don't use them for the most part, the frogs don't need them, but they can work. What might be a good idea is to make more of a "drip wall" than actual fast-flowing waterfall, because it will keep part of the background moist for water loving plants, but won't need an actual pool to collect in at the bottom- saving floor space.
Good luck,
Bryan
couldnt figure out how to make texure with powerpoint but the back grond will be mostly clay with larger pieces of wood held in with GS, the little green circles on the wall are going to be the vineing plants and the light brown swirlies are going to be fake vines. Yeah the water feature would be more for my benefit it is something that i was playing with.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
back grond will be mostly clay with larger pieces of wood held in with GS
It's best to silicone the wood to the tank, some use gorilla glue and whatnot.
Heavy peices of wood will actually pull the GS off and the clay along with it.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Id shine away from putting the waterfall dead center and stay away from straight lines. its best to get a quick idea of the design in your head then just start building

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
maybe its just a preference issue, but I would shift the waterfall to a side - I think that symmetry is not natural and in this case we are going for natural, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts