Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the hobby. I'm working out my sourcing of plants and such now. I am taking it slow and cautiously before i attempt to stock a terrarium. I will be following
but looking to make amendments depending on the species to be stocked. I arrived here with wanting to make a set up with orchids and bromeliads, then found that darts might be an option.

About me:
  • Navy Veteran
  • Currently in college for Biochemistry (making a's)
  • Married with 2 boys
  • Also very passionate in mycology (taxa and cultivation)

Looking to learn

·
Registered
180 Posts
You say H-town, do you mean Houston Tx with that as we originally started the H-town phrase.
But your city says Tucson AZ.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Sorry I just noticed that Scott is in Tucson.
I Need to stop sniffing the FF minerals, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Might want to mention approximate area you live as you might find a local mentor that way.

s
Noted. I'm still learning to navigate the site a bit. I do not have access to further update my profile yet.
Sorry, If the h-town was vague. I am often on the shroomery where it is quite a faux-pas to give too much personally identifying information (PII). So, I live in Houston, TX in the Bear Creak area.

Sorry I just noticed that Scott is in Tucson.
I Need to stop sniffing the FF minerals, lol
LOL, no worries. I see that you are very near me. Definitely could use some hints on sourcing plants for cheaper than what is at home depot or Petsmart/petco.
Love your sig BTW.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum. Stick around a while and you'll have some dart frogs in no time.
Thanks. I'm in no rush TBH. I'm going to be progressing/maturing/growing my enclosure in stages. I don't intend on putting darts in until it is functioning well with the flora, microbiota, and aquatic fauna. I think that once done that I will introduce isopods and darts in short order.
I just procured a 40 gallon aquarium with all the accoutrements for 75 bucks (great deal IMO). I'll try to set up the "plumbing" and false bottom tomorrow, then fill test on Monday or Tuesday to see that it cycles and doesn't leak.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Ah Bear Creek, the flood zone.
I have some interesting extra plants in a QT that you can have if interested, don’t ask me the names as I’m promised myself to follow that game again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts