Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious what people's experience was with this frog. Wondering whether to set up avertical tank for them or not....

thanks,

Dustin

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I have my pair, in a 10 gallon tall. I was told they like lower tanks but mine hang up at the top, in the bromeliads, all the time. They come down to get food on the floor when I feed them but they climb back up.

They like rocky nooks and tight spaces. They are also very small.

·
Registered
543 Posts
My trio have been in the 10 grow out for almost a year now, and they seem to always be on the ground, unless its sleep time, then they climb up. I don't find them to be all that small. They're around the same size as my Campana auratus, smaller than year old azureus, but much larger than my pumilio or my thumbs. They were small as froglets, but they grew up very fast.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Interesting. I got mine at 1 month oow. They got bigger but are no where near the size of my auratus. They dont pig out like my leucs do. There is always flies in their tank. They eat, and are healthy, but they only seem to eat when hungry.

·
Registered
543 Posts
How old are yours? Mine seemed to hit mature size within 3 or 4 months OOW, and haven't really grown since. They're thin frogs, and like yours, don't pig out like a leuc. They do have an agressive feeding response though. Mine came OOW back in August of last year.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I picked mine up in may of this year. I got them from scott menigoz. He said they were smaller then he usually sells them. I hop i get some calling or something. Maybe I have all females

·
Registered
483 Posts
These frogs are very male heavy.

The call is louder than a tinc, and can be heard across the room or even over the tv if you are close enough to the tank.

·
Registered
308 Posts
They are terrestrial living frogs. Ofcourse most terrestrial dartfrogs will climb upto a meter high, which does not mean they are arboreal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts