Dendroboard banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend, free time and good weather coincided, allowing me to pour resin on the table I've been assembling. It's still curing, now, and so far, so good. Only a few foolish insects have made fossils of themselves, but they're tiny and easy to miss. Not to worry, though, most of the tabletop will be hidden by the tank, anyway.

My grow-out plant flats are full of activity these days. I took four cuttings from the begonia I received last month, and the new plantlets are just starting to be visible. I placed the cuttings in different areas to see what effects I might see, and I seem to have some answers. They rooted much more quickly under filtered light than they did while being hit directly. I've heard that the hairier begonias are more difficult to propagate this way, but they seem to be doing well at this time. I hope there's not a curse, waiting to pop up and shrivel them all to rubbery garbage.

Additionally, some of my monolenas' seeds have sprouted, and I'm curious to see how they'll fare long term. I've been falling in love with melastomas lately. The leaf textures just seem so silky and luxurious; they've seduced me. I want more. Where are you, bertolonia? I need you in my life!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts