Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im back home and took some pics of a viv I left with a friend. Im jealous she owns it now but it would have been dead if left with my parents. No frogs just mini orchids. I made the backround out of Ace Binder and cork and the binder is still rock hard even though it was a foamy mess when I first set it up. Theres some Marcgravia in there, rhaphidophora, pleuros and too much ficus!

Here it is when I first planted it

3 years later

Flash

·
Registered
646 Posts
There is a before and after thread that this would be great in.

I'm in my phone so it's kinda hard to look for it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
That is a sweet viv. I love it when they get all filled in with plant growth, makes it look like a slice of jungle! Did the Monstera deliciosa get a little bit big for the viv? ;)

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Ficus pumila var. quercifolia

I believe some sponsors sell it.

Robert, I don't see the Rhaphidophora tetrasperma in the later pics. Was it doing poorly?
My Ficus Pumila grows very slowly, probably due to the fact it is in tanks that have standard and very poor aquarium lights. After seeing your tank I put up a request as I want to add it to my 2 big well lit show type tanks, and thankfully a friend of moine has offered to send me a nice big batch as sadly what I have in my tanks is too meager to harvest.
That tank looks great by the way, too bad a nice little group of thumbs can not find there way into it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow I really like the shadow-ing that the creeping fig creates! A+

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I'm assuming those fans are blowing air from the outside in. Are they on all the time and if so how is the humidity levels?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts