Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, lets see of I have this right. I make my waterfall/rock, I layer the grout making thicker each time and then I cure it. My question is how? Thank you

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind I found more threads on curing, you think I can just use clear silicone to seal it up?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
the best way is to let it cure and get hard and do a vinegar soak or just mist it with vinegar for a few weeks to neutralize the pH of the grout.
when it dries fully it is cured but the pH is too high.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I used an acrylic sealer from Michaels, it lasted great. I soaked for about a week in a water/vinegar solution. Let it dry for a day. then sealed it an and let that cure for 2 days and then layed my substrate and planted. been running great fora bout 6-7 months now.. I think it's been that long. I've got a thread on it somewhere around here.

EDIT:
Here's my build thread

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/57760-1st-build-thread-40b-vert.html

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I used an acrylic sealer from Michaels, it lasted great. I soaked for about a week in a water/vinegar solution. Let it dry for a day. then sealed it an and let that cure for 2 days and then layed my substrate and planted. been running great fora bout 6-7 months now.. I think it's been that long. I've got a thread on it somewhere around here.

EDIT:
Here's my build thread

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts-construction/57760-1st-build-thread-40b-vert.html
I sent you a reply to that build
thanks for the heads up on the sealant tho I have been using Mod Podge but it can only be used for dry things I used it when I made my bearded dragon's basking platform

·
Registered
278 Posts
I sent you a reply to that build
thanks for the heads up on the sealant tho I have been using Mod Podge but it can only be used for dry things I used it when I made my bearded dragon's basking platform
bah, you can thank JaredJ he pointed it out to me. I'm just reporting back on how effective it's been and passing it along. It's good stuff, relatively cheap and pretty easy to get a hold of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts