Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a group of 5 3 month old red galacts. I found it interesting how fast they established a group dynamic. I don't really have questions I just found it interesting and thought maby others would as well and it could spark some discussion.

The smallest of the frogs seems to be sort of a sentry. I refer to it as a he as when I mist the tank he appears to be trying to call. Anyhow he is very bold he is out and about pretty much the whole day. He is the first to eat and the last to leave the feeding area. After lights out 2 of the others retreat to a film canister in the backround one heads to a brom roughly 6" from the top of the tank.where it posts up.for.10 or 15 minutes then it heads to the bottom and goes into a corner where the largest of the frogs spends most of its time hanging out in the leaf litter. The first frog (the one I refer to as a male and I am aware this is not necessarily the case.) Then posts up right out in front in the middle of the two spots.

I have only had the frogs for a few days but this pattern started as soon as the picked their favorite spots.I am interested to hear about the group.dynamics of other species and if it is similar. Other frogs I've had were in pairs so the is my first group experience.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have had about the same experience with my auratus froglets. I have 4 in a 55 gallon viv. Two of them stick around one of the coco huts all the time, they never get more then a foot away from it. One of them is always hiding except around feeding time. And the other is the free spirit which is always all over the tank and very outgoing.

Curtis

·
Registered
708 Posts
They do all have very distinct personalities, and it's always enjoyable for me to watch. Out of our four Amazonica one us alway out and about, another likes to watch from the safety of a brom or in the leaf litter while the other two are much more reclusive.
The same goes for the other species we keep, everyone has their place.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts