Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking for a group of frogs for my 40b vert. I'd like a group of 6 or more and something that will use the whole tank. I think it would be a bit of a waste to put two thumbnails in a 40b which is why I wanted a larger group. Any ideas?

·
Banned
685 Posts
Please read OPs earlier comments below

My other 40b vert currently has a pair of Giant day geckos in it but soon with have a group of 6 terribilis and I can just hear the flames coming on that one but I don't see the issue. Ther terribis are big, the day geckos wont eat them and everyone will be happy.

·
Registered
995 Posts

My other 40b vert currently has a pair of Giant day geckos in it but soon with have a group of 6 terribilis and I can just hear the flames coming on that one but I don't see the issue. Ther terribis are big, the day geckos wont eat them and everyone will be happy.
Are you trying to start a fight?!?!?!?!!?

·
Banned
685 Posts
150 gal planted and occupied
Views: 3,753 Posted By boabab95
Re: 150 gal planted and occupied

How is it you only have 193 posts in 4 years, yet you say you are here to help?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Were you trying to start a fight?!?!?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
995 Posts
150 gal planted and occupied
Views: 3,753 Posted By boabab95
Re: 150 gal planted and occupied

How is it you only have 193 posts in 4 years, yet you say you are here to help?

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Were you trying to start a fight?!?!?!?!?!?!

Look, you could've turned anyones comments into it sounding nasty, I'm not playing this game with you...and for the record...i thought the picture was funny, and I was making a point that posts dont matter, even if you dont understand.

To the OP:

If they will be by themselves in a single morph only tank, what about veraderos, fants, and other thumbnails?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Thanks for posting that Scott. Yes I have two 40b verts that are side by side and one has the day geckos in it that I wanted to add terribilis to. The other is currently still empty as I have yet to find a nice sized group. As I said, I didn't want to waste such a big tank on a pair of frogs, like pums or some imi's, hence the looking for a group part. I also know that if I added a couple frogs now and a few more later there may very well be some aggression issues, which again is why I was looking for a larger group to begin with. Unfortunately everyone only seems to have 2 or 3 at a time for sale. But thanks for looking out for me, I feel loved.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks for posting that Scott. Yes I have two 40b verts that are side by side and one has the day geckos in it that I wanted to add terribilis to. The other is currently still empty as I have yet to find a nice sized group. As I said, I didn't want to waste such a big tank on a pair of frogs, like pums or some imi's, hence the looking for a group part. I also know that if I added a couple frogs now and a few more later there may very well be some aggression issues, which again is why I was looking for a larger group to begin with. Unfortunately everyone only seems to have 2 or 3 at a time for sale. But thanks for looking out for me, I feel loved.
Post count has nothing to do with the validity of ones comments. Terribilis are generally terrestrial, they need length and depth not height.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think that part of it is just getting used to the fact that a 40b isn't really a big tank. Yes, it's bigger than a 10 or 20 or 29...but it's still not big, especially not for the frogs. You may think of it as a waste, but to the frogs, it's just coming that much closer to the space that they'd really like to have (which isn't even all that much closer...). I used to think the same way, but eventually, everything starts seeming pretty small :p

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
6 terribs in a 40b vert (16x18 footprint IIRC?) even without the geckos seems like a waste of money to me, since that's hardly enough squatting space for two and you're asking for trouble.. and if your geckos ever breed you can pretty much say goodbye to the babies with terribs roaming around. I won't flame you but I just flat out don't see it turning out well.

For your other 40b vert, look into variabilis, lamasi, or vents, they tend to do better in groups. They are a little more shy than imis/most pums, but once they're old enough to breed they'll be focused on getting some action and you'll see them plenty. I didn't see my Iquitos reds or variabilis at all for the first 6-8 months, but now that the breeding behavior has started they're out constantly and aren't skittish.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
6 terribs in a 40b vert (16x18 footprint IIRC?) even without the geckos seems like a waste of money to me, since that's hardly enough squatting space for two and you're asking for trouble.. and if your geckos ever breed you can pretty much say goodbye to the babies with terribs roaming around. I won't flame you but I just flat out don't see it turning out well.

For your other 40b vert, look into variabilis, lamasi, or vents, they tend to do better in groups. They are a little more shy than imis/most pums, but once they're old enough to breed they'll be focused on getting some action and you'll see them plenty. I didn't see my Iquitos reds or variabilis at all for the first 6-8 months, but now that the breeding behavior has started they're out constantly and aren't skittish.
I only said I'd like to get a group of teribilis in there and I have had them before that climbed quite a bit, almost to the point that they were never on the ground. I think that saying they are terrestrial is a general term anyway. I mean, they are frogs and if they want to climb they will climb.

I don't really see a terribilis eating a hatchling though. A pac man sure, but not a terribilis.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Why bother asking for suggestions if you're not going to consider them. Get a group of 6 terribilis and have fun with that. Your others might have been climbing because they wanted space, not because they enjoyed it but you do what you want. Sounds like you're going to anyways regardless of what anyone tells you.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I only said I'd like to get a group of teribilis in there and I have had them before that climbed quite a bit, almost to the point that they were never on the ground. I think that saying they are terrestrial is a general term anyway. I mean, they are frogs and if they want to climb they will climb.

I don't really see a terribilis eating a hatchling though. A pac man sure, but not a terribilis.
I've heard of it with mourning gecko hatchlings and wouldn't be surprised. Terribs are notorious for eating anything they can swallow.

Edit- for size reference, here's a standingi hatchling:

IMO, most terribs would go after that.

Like I said though, I'm not flaming you, you don't have to justify yourself... I'm just letting you know that there are risks in what you're trying to do, and you could possibly lose some animals. If you decide to do it, I really do hope it works out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts