Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I just bought a 500W halogen flood light fixture. The output came with three wires. I know how to install the thing; i just dont know if i need to connect the ground wire. And if so; where and how to?

Thanks.
M.N

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I would. 500 watts is enough to fry you extra crispy. And when you have darts, there's water around.

Water + no ground = bad situation

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Its for fish not darts. The thing will obviously be covered from underneath so no water will interfere.

But Damn is this thing bright.
M.N

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I'd still do the ground wire. An aquarium has even more water than a dart tank, and you never know what will happen. Better to be safe than sorry.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im going to. I'll get a computer cord and cut off the end where you plug it to the comp. Then ill match the ground and current wires up with the lights'.

M.N

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Sounds great. Try and make a record so if the rest of us ever have to do it we'll be able to follow in your footsteps. :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
In a/c voltage, green is always ground, black is always hot and white is always common.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Does it matter if the ground wire is bare? For some reason the fixture came without the protective housing for it. Since im not running the wires inside my walls, i can see the ground wire bare connected to the cable (and it freaks me out). Is that dangerous? Say if i accidently touch it?

M.N

1 - 10 of 10 Posts