Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Green Sips have started to lay. I'm a bit confused with the tadpole coloration, or rather, lack of coloration. They're completely without the typical tinctorius color; all their internal organs are visible. Is this unusual?
Regards,
Scott

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
Post some pics if you can but most tads do not start to get color until around the time when legs start to pop out and even some take a bit longer. Even after they are out of the water many will not have normal colors until they are a bit older.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry for the delay responding. Still no color when compared to other species.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Scott,

Only thing I could compare those to would be the Albino Infralanis we have. We averaged a 20 -30% albino ratio with them. Here is a link to our pics of tads: http://www.qualitycaptives.com/Alanistadpoles.htm . Are your tads like these in the pictures?

I also just posted some more recent pics of the froglets on my gallery, here are some of those:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Melissa--perhaps I may have something unusual after looking at your gallery of tadpole shots. The first viable clutch from these guys has yielded two tadpoles without coloration and one dark...interesting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts