Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 Green Sips in a 40 gallon viv. When I dump some flys in one of them doesn't eat and the other one will, I've seen him eat just he barely ever does. Help?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
We need a lot more info, how long have you had them, pics of them , temps, vitamins, calcium, type of water, substrate, age, etc. Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant get any pics but I've had for ehh maybe a week, temp is about 76-78 sphagnum moss i think hes a juvenile

·
Registered
222 Posts
What kind of supplements are you using and how long have you had them for?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Based on what info you are providing and reading between the lines, I would venture to say you probably got 2 juvie Sipps, maybe on the small size lost in a 40 gal abyss. Remove them and set them up in a 10 gal tank without dense foliage, just a hide or 2, leaf litter, shallow water bowl, make them feel secure so they will eat. Put enough food in so they can browse for a while. Make a feeding station bly placing a piece of banana for the flies to hang out on. Light cycle 12/12, not bright but diffused or low wattage, dim. If you do these changes they should respond if it is not a serious problem. Bill

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK thanks, I put one in a small shoe box gave him flies he gulped them right down. When they get bigger ill put him back in 40 gallon.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
OK thanks, I put one in a small shoe box gave him flies he gulped them right down. When they get bigger ill put him back in 40 gallon.
Very good:) Also keep in mind that you should change the substrate in the shoebox on average every 2 weeks so waste does not build up.You should also step him up in cage sizes as he grows, Bill

1 - 9 of 9 Posts