Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Do any of you guys know which amphibian show might carry green mantellas for sale? I am thinking of getting one. Also, do any of you know places that have free shipping and sell green mantellas cheap? I am a cheap person:D. Thank you!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
LLLReptile often advertizes mantella on the forum. Mantella are a bit trickier than most dart frogs, as they can be very sensitive to higher temperatures -- you definitely want to read up on the care and requirements of the actual species you are interested in. As for free shipping.... good luck on that ;)

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I'm not a mantella person (yet) so I don't know who sells them, but I can tell you that shipping is not likely to be free. Some vendors offer free shipping on orders that reach a certain price, but usually it will run $40-55ish.

Good luck

John

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I have been looking at Josh's Frogs and I found everything I need. Thanks again:).

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Let me clarify-- the lowland species of mantellas can actually better tolerate temperatures above what many dendrobates can handle. Even our dart frogs are best advised to be kept below 80 degrees as a high which is recommended for most highland mantellas. To be honest, I would not recommend dart frogs or mantellas to anyone who does not have a reliable HVAC system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts