Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Aj Calisi at the Tampa show about greenhouses, he has several setup for frogs that do better with large enclosure, and he built one for about $500. He built it out of wood, and then sealed it with a marine epoxy call Gluvit. He has had water and soil samples taken and they have been clear of any harmful chemicals. It has been set up for three years. It is then screened in with heavy duty shade cloth. I asked him about temperature, and he thought that would be a problem from what everybody had told him, and with heavy planting, the shade cloth, and waterfalls the temperature is in acceptable levels. My point is that if you live in a tropical climate a greenhouse for frogs is fairly inexpensive to build.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the beginning stages of planning, and I am still deciding if I will build one. Most likely I will be moving in three years, so I am not sure if I will spend $500 and only use it for 3 years, but I am leaning to going ahead and building one anyways. So far I think it will be 8' x 8' x 6.5', length, width, height. I am not sure of what to keep in it yet, but I am positive I am only going to put frogs in it that need a large enclosure, histros, trivs, etc... Hopefully I can get some of the Histros Aj had a few months ago, but the list is very long. From the research I have done they need a huge cage, and I think that is why very few people have had luck breeding them or keeping the neonates alive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts