Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you had to use silcone on the glass before using the great stuff for a background or water feature? Or can you just apply great stuff straight to the glass. I have seen people metion silconing glass first bout was wondering if it was needed. Thanks again.

Mike P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use black silicone simply because it looks better when you happen to see the back of the tank and it keeps moisture from getting back there hopfully and possibly breaking down the foam after time. It takes several hours longer and a lot more silicone, $$, drying time, etc. But IMO makes for a showier viv.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually got the idea from a friend to get black film and pressed it onto the parts where the white foam is showing on the outside of the glass. I dont believe the foam breaks down from water as ive had a tank with foam standing for about 2 years with no signs of dilapidation. The foam, i believe once cured is water proof. In fact the can recommends to spray the curing foam with water to speed up the curing process.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts