Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would great stuff foam stick to a coco panel background iw as thinking of going half coco background and the other half great stuff and coco fiber? anyone ever try this? thanks.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
The problem is the cocos panels can dry out and absorb water. I'm not sure if it would stick long term. I did notice that Great Stuff foam shrunk after I put it directly on the glass and started to come off of the glass.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does the great stuff generally shrink and not hold onto glass well? or was it just in your case?

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I think the shrinking is more noticeable if you only use just enough to fill the space. I have other tanks where I used the foam excessively and haven't had any problems yet.

jhaynes said:
does the great stuff generally shrink and not hold onto glass well? or was it just in your case?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh okay i see well then if i decide to go with the great stuff i'll be sure to use it excessively. just wondering is it possible to carve or cut off part of the excessive foam? haha

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
a comment on the excessive use of great stuff.

The first time I used it, I used a lot, as in 7-9 inches from the back wall (trying to create a slope effect). The problem was that while the foam exposed to the air dried, there was still wet foam inside. I thought this would be okay, since it was totally sealed, but unfortunately the foam found a way out, through the bottom corners of the tank rendering it no longer water proof.

lesson learned: apply the foam in layers that you allow to dry before applying more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts