Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who used great stuff to create the outline/wall/bank of a pond for your tank, how is that water circulated? What i mean is, how do you connect the water in the pond to the water under the falsebottom, so that it is renewed by the pump?

Luke

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Create holes through the Great Stuff at the bottom of the pond to circulate the water. These holes are covered by the mesh and gravel in your pond.

If done correctly, there will be no way a frog, or deposited tad, could get behind your wall....

G

·
0 Posts
Use a false bottom, cut a hole, add screening to bottom, add foam to an area. Let dry, add aquarium sealent, add rocks and walha! You have a pond. Then, add a foam stream, ect.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha...would drilling the holes be fine? How big should they be? And where in the wall should they be put?

Luke

·
Registered
696 Posts
FrogKid said:
Then, ass a foam stream, ect.
LOL :lol:

I've had days like that, usually after Chili night!

Mike

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I just don't drill through. I use live plants in the water area that helps with filtration and then empty it out about every week. You could put a pump in the water area (camoflauged) to route a path for the water somewhere else.

G

·
0 Posts
What I did was run the intake tube down through the false bottom. I used black pond foam instead of Great Stuff. The foam sealed the rocks and the intake tube. The filter I used is the ZooMed 501 turrtle canister. The filter sits outside the tank so maintenance is simple.

HTH

Here's a pic during construction. You can see the intake tube which I covered with silicone and coco fibers to hid it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts