Dendroboard banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this vertical 10 setup for a good three months now, and it's my first one. There's been places where there wasn't enough silicone on the great stuff so the cocoa fiber didn't stick. Now I have sporratic places where you can see the great stuff. It kind of looks like a rock or something. I'm just worried about it harming my frogs in any way. I don't have any in there yet, so it's no big hurry. The door is made out of acrylic and i'm having trouble with warping, too. Should I just make a new tank or will the great stuff be fine? I heard about it being toxic when in contact with water, but it's been setup for a while now. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Can you reach the spot where the silicone didn't stick?, if so just put a dab of silicone on your finger, coat the missing spot and sprinkle more coco fiber on.

Even if you don't cover these it shouldn't hurt your frogs, I have a tank that has been set up for over a year with a few small exposed foam areas and since the frogs are already in there I have never fixed. And my tank has a water feature that allows water to be in constant contact with the foam.

...and replace your acrylic door with glass before you put your frogs in there, they are escape artists....

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Glass

Should I just replace the door or the whole front? The front is divided into three sections : a top middle and bottom. the top and bottom isn't warping but the door is. How do i get the glass custom cut also? Also what size glass and where do you recommend? thanks for everything

1 - 3 of 3 Posts