Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard some people mention that they've dusted their uncured Great stuff with bed-a-beast etc. and skipped the silicon. I'm in the process of finishing 3 verts for my rack, and this would be a lot cheaper/simpler, but I don't want to end up with a patchy background. Does this method give decent coverage? I don't mind fixing a few sparse areas as long as it looks good on the whole.

·
Super Moderator
3,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since I was in kind of a hurry, I went ahead and tried it, and it worked just fine. For the best results, use plenty of bed a beast and pat it down as hard as you can without compressing the still-wet great stuff. Having a tube of silicone on hand to patch bare areas is still a must, but it's much easier and material efficient on the whole than the usual process.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Epoxy is better though. Except you cannot just pin plants up, you got to either silicone them or drill through the plastic shell.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Rain frog, what do you mean exactly by epoxy?? Do you use great stuff, then paint the background with epoxy resin an press the coco fibers on it before it cures??

Thanks,

Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts