Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anybody looking for some very aged, composted peat moss in monster sized bales then maybe a trip to the local nursery is in order. I recently purchased a 1.2 cubic YARD bale of this stuff from the nursery I work at for only $13. It has a lot more composted organics and nutrients than Bed-A-Beast, but I still mix it with dead oak leaves, horticulture sand, and food compost before I place it in the terrarium and I get some really nice compact growth pout of plants and less light reaching.

Just An Idea
Danny

G

·
Ahh, now I know who greenstar is! (Eh, to make a long story short you sent me to tell mark wilson you arrived, at frog day... had no idea why you said greenstar... Never took the time to think if it was a forum name or not :roll: :lol: )

This sound like the "TRUE" Peat I've been looking for... Does it have much debris in it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quite a bit of smaller organic debirs, this is canadian peat moss and tends to be richer in organics than the delta peat moss. SO where are you located anyways? if you are close i could ship you a quart bag of it so you can try it out.

Thanks
Danny

P.S. it was Mark Jemison not Mark wilson I was looking for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts