Dendroboard banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the dart itch about 5 months ago and decided to check it out. I really wanted some Almirantes, and read that they were no really beginner darts, but I was up for the challenge. I found some great darts at Dendroterra, and Tobias ( owner of Dendroterra) was super helpful. I had an already established 2 year old terrarium........blah blah blah........
We'll, enough of that 4 months I have three froglets in the tank!!!!! and there at it again. hope you like the pics guys

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the are, i actually have what is suppose to be 2 males and 1 females but I've only seen one call, so? But yes the are wild caught but have been treated for parasites and came to me in awesome shape. I just made sure that the had there perfect home to arrive to.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Very cool man.. I'm about to setup two tanks for some basti pairs, so I hope you don't mind a few more questions.

Are you using a calcium based clay substrate? Any special lighting?

Hehe.. sorry man, just impressed you're pums are already producing healthy froglets after four months of owning them!

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member
Cobalts, Azureus, Green & Bronze Auratus, Northern Variabilis, Leucomelas & Vanzolinis
417 Posts
Congratulations on the offspring!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again guys!!
Actually I didn't notice any parental care at all. The only things I noticed were about two weeks ago the male wasn't calling as much, which kind of got me worried so I checked the tank and thats when I noticed the 1st baby. However right now I don't know if its a coincidence, but wherever there is a baby there is a baby there is an adult.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations and thanks for posting about your good fortune! Nice to hear about a good supplier. I'm a pre-beginner, just thinking about frogs and what is the best set up, etc. so I will need a supplier who has healthy frogs. Sounds like the guy you bought from knew his stuff. I'll check them out. LOVE the pics!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts