Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a really nice 36 gallon bowfront from Black Jungle this past weekend.

A few quick ones:

1. The silicone I should use for the back is the black GE II for windows and doors right?

2. the PVC spacers on the bottom- should I plug the top up with something so water doesn't get trapped in there sitting stagnant? If so.....what do y'all recommend?

3. If I'm making my own waterfall type area....what can I safely use to glue some rocks together in the viv?

Regarding methods of having pump access:

One of the biggest decisions I'm having to make is how to create access to my pump. I'm using the PVC eggcrate false bottom method.

I've never seen this suggested and would like to know what you think....

I was thinking about getting a piece of PVC wide enough to fit my pump in and just notching the bottom and sticking it right down to the bottom of the tank and just covering the top at surface level with a rock or a habiscape cave or something like that.

I might end up using a kiddie-cornered piece of cork bark to create an access area instead. (would cork bark rot if submerged in water like that?)

Any alternatives to these methods?

Thanks so much for the help

-DET

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a couple more

what should I use to wash my tank with before I silicone the back? Is it even necessary?

Should I wash the ghostwood I got from Black Jungle before putting in my tank? If so, with what?

thanks again

-DET

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.