Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive noticed white mites caking on the inside of my RFB culture a week ago so I washed them off as best I could and put the RFB outside for now. Well now I have these things crawling all over my frog rack and my girlfriend is freaking out. The mites are in with the springtails and within reach of a few fruit fly cultures but dont seem to show the same interest as the RFB's. Right now I have wiped everything down with bleach water, except in the frog tanks but a little while later I see them crawling around again. Ive looked around for mite killers and found Benzyl Benzoate but I need to know how do I use to dissinfect a large area. Would bird mite spray from the petstore be more effective since it is in spray form? Any help would be great...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
You might try Provent-a-Mite spray from Pro Products. It is guaranteed safe for reptiles. I'm not sure about amphibians, so I would not use it inside a frog viv. Move the tanks and spray the racks and floor.

My snakes had a really bad case of mites due to my ball python bringing them home from the pet store. You take the snake (it also works for lizards) out of the cage, spray it down lightly, spray the outside around the cage, and put the animals back in once it's dry. One treatment was all it took and the mites never returned.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Mites

The product is not safe for amphibian...

The one I discover marked dangerous for amphibian and the other was dangerous for the face and the eye of the reptile...

So in logic... if this is not safe for eyes this is dangerous for frog...

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Umm, that's why I recommended not spraying it in the enclosure or on the tank. It would probably be safe to spray the ground around the tank, as long as the tank is moved to a seperate area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts